Senior .NET Software Engineer
About the OpportunityAt Contrast, our goal is the make the Internet safer day by day. We are always interested in meeting talented and creative technologists who share this goal. We’ve built some amazing technology thus far and are shaking up the way the world looks at application security. We know that our products can get better with new voices and ideas. Contrast is looking for a talented .NET application developer to join our team, engineering a world-class instrumentation agent for analyzing the security of Microsoft web applications. An ideal candidate is proficient in ASP.NET, C#, and C++. Ideally, we would love for you to have an interest or experience in Azure, as well as experience or curiosity with .NET Core.
- Build many variations of simple to complex web applications using ASP.NET and .NET Core for our instrumentation agent to analyze to detect security vulnerabilities at run-time.
- Contribute to the development of our instrumentation agent written in C# and C++.
- Support traditional ASP.NET apps and more modern .NET Core apps on Windows/Linux.
- Perform forensic investigations when the agent negatively impacts the performance of functionality of instrumented web applications.
- Own your work. Whether a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
- Be a team player. You love to work with others to find the right solutions.
- You love to code.
- You have experience working on a remote team and don't mind the occasional trip to Baltimore, MD to meet up with teammates a few times a year.
- Experience with at least one ASP.NET Framework (WebForms, MVC, WCF, Web API) and .NET Core web applications.
- Experience with C# and C++.
- Comfortable working in both a Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Comfortable working with Azure DevOps for continuous integration.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft IIS for configuration and deployment purposes.
- Knowledge of the .NET development ecosystem. Experience with popular .NET libraries such as Entity Framework, Dapper and Unity.
- Experience deploying web applications to Azure services such as Azure VMs, Azure Web Apps, Service Fabric, SQL Server and Azure Networking Services.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Daily in-office lunches