Senior Search Engineer
Search Engineer at Rayka
Rayka is looking for an elite Search Engineer with proven experience implementing search services and knowledge to constantly improve relevance algorithms. This role will provide the opportunity to heavily guide the search vision of a new social travel app. The Search Engineer will be given great responsibility and freedom in defining and building a search service that will help users discover places to visit. We want to surface the results most pertinent to each specific user.
We value search as one of the most important features of our application eco-system and are looking for the best search engineer.
* 3+ years heavy search development (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, or similar)
* Ability to take business requirements and translate them into tech designs and relevancy algorithms
* Ability to run A/B tests with different relevancy algorithms and analyze results
* Define and build the new search service's architecture and APIs
* Define and utilize analytics to aid in identifying improvements/problems
* Work closely with non-technical internal and external user groups to determine quality of searches
* Prioritize/break down search features into phased releases
* Understand and keep up with tech trends related to search
Culture, benefits, and perks
* Working with smart, collaborative, fun-loving people with a passion for delivering an unrivaled product to our users
* Equity in the company
* Quarterly all-hands retreat to a fun new destination
* Opportunity to get into a fast growing company at a very early stage
Rayka’s mission is to connect and inspire explorers to discover significant experiences. We are poised to disrupt the way travelers discover and share. Rayka's core product is a social, travel app matching you to recommendations from people with common interests and personalities. Our group of travel experts were constantly asked for recommendations in different locations, so we came up with a way for experts to efficiently provide travel-based information and help build a community of knowledgeable travelers and travel enthusiasts. We aim to provide a positive, healthy social experience. No more mindless scrolling. No more cluttered feeds from 'friends' who have zero in common with you. No angry 1 star reviews. Only trustworthy recommendations.
We are a small, quickly-growing company with angel funding and an experienced set of active investors. We also won the 2018 Atlanta Start-up Battle. Our team is spread out around the world, working remotely, but we have a headquarters in Charleston, SC. We work hard, but are very focused on keeping a loose culture. This role may be remote or based in Charleston, SC. Join us!