Lead React / Node Developer (Remote - US Based)
Lead CRM Developer
This position can be remote, but US based candidates only.
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love the sense of accomplishment of shaping a new product and pushing code daily? Are you a motivated individual who works well independently as well as on a team? Then we want you!
Automatic is DI’s new Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) that enables automotive retailers to run a healthy business by nurturing strong customer relationships.
Connecting how automotive retailers actually work with the most innovative technology, Dealer Inspire is building this best-in-class system for dealers to quickly and easily modernize and grow their business.
Skills & Requirements:
We're flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience - but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Architecture and development of new features.
- Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage.
- Function as “project owner” for some new or existing projects, managing initial requirements, feature requests, and long term support.
- Leadership and mentoring of junior developers.
- 3+ years experience with front-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Mastery of HTML and CSS/SASS/Styled Components
- 3+ years experience working with NodeJS
- Experience with NodeJS frameworks like Express
- 3+ years experience working with MySQL or any NoSQL database; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Git version control
- Experience with testing frameworks like karma, mocha, or jest
- Strong attention to design detail. Matching markup/layout with mockups, and making them better. Knowing when things are off (even by a couple pixels) - and knowing why that impacts the experience negatively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with functional programming
- Performance debugging and benchmarking
- High sensibility to UI design and UX
Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans
- 50% match of your 401 k contributions up to 6% of your gross income
- 10 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time quarterly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home