Cloud - Developer Tools Engineer
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is seeking an Engineer to join the “Developer Tools” team inside Cloud Engineering. The charter for this team is to create self-service frameworks and developer environments that will empower our engineers ship quality products on our SaaS platform. You will work together with the Product Development and Operational teams to continuously improve developer efficiency and to provide tight feedback loop in the development cycle.
What You Will Do:
- Create and maintain “SaaS in a box” environments to test and validate features and bug fixes.
- Empower engineers by creating a self-service platform to quickly validate changes
- Create a framework to measure and report developer productivity as a metric. This framework will be used to identify bottlenecks, improve our processes and automation.
- Collaborate with the release engineering team on initiatives like indexing test data in Elasticsearch, flaky test analysis and reporting on release efficiency
- Collaborate with the SRE team to investigate production issues and improve any gaps that result from investigations
- Grow and share your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking, etc
What You Bring Along:
- You have a software engineering background with a deep understanding of SaaS environments
- You are passionate about building developer environments, automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire engineering team
- Technical experience in CI/CD, source control, release strategies
- Experience with Docker is a must
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Good working knowledge of Linux is required
- Experience working with AWS services and EC2 environments
- Experience with Scala and Java build ecosystem is a big plus
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.