Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control of their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, giving users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for improving our technical processes and tooling in our Filterlists and Circumvention Teams. You’ll be at the forefront of blocking non-acceptable ads and fighting adblock circumvention. With your experience in automation and the autonomy given to you, you’ll come up with innovative solutions.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to...
- Develop solutions for automated crawling of web content and monitoring of ads to asses ad blocking quality
- Work on automating pushes to the anti-circumvention filter list in response to common circumvention methods
- Support any innovation initiatives around monitoring, like machine learning, with technical expertise
- Create, maintain and improve technical processes, including tooling and documentation
- Improve team communication and sync with your colleagues to make sure everybody is always updated
A little bit about you...
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Strongly process- and quality-oriented
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Basic knowledge of working with Docker
- Proficient user of spoken and written English
It's great, but not required, if you have...
- A university degree (incl. Applied sciences) in information science or related
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages
- Experience with multi-lingual/multi-cultural teams
- Experience in Machine Learning
A little bit about the team you’ll work with
You’ll be allocated in the Filters department and working in the Circumvention and Filterlists Teams. In the small cross-functional teams, we all have our niche expertise and projects we work on and that means we can support each other if somebody gets stuck with an issue. Right now, we’re all about innovation and automating processes. Join us if you want to become part of a great team that revolutionizes the web.
A lot of our eyeo colleagues work remotely and so can you. We’re happy to pay for a coworking space, or if you prefer we can help you relocate to our offices in Cologne or Berlin.
Not sure if this is for you? Consider contributing first.