Java Backend Developer
Dillon Software, Inc.
Dillon Software is looking for a Java Backend Developer to join our team. We have a number of projects involving consumer media and ecommerce for the public library sector. You'll be developing RESTful web services and integration workflows using a large variety of AWS services, e.g. Elastic Beanstalk, RDS (Postgres and Oracle), Lambdas, ElastiCache, SQS, ECS, ElasticSearch.
Only individual candidates located in the United States and meeting all the requirements need apply. No agencies or firms - domestic or offshore. Candidates not meeting all the requirements will not be considered. This is a remote, 1099 contractor position. If applying, please include your resumé, three recent professional references, and your hourly billing rate.
Skills & Requirements
Expert level skills with the following are required:
- RESTful web service conventions and design
- Spring or Google Guice
- Database persistence framework like MyBatis
- test-driven development
- SQL skills using either Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Amazon AWS services, especially with regard to deployment and scalable infrastructure design, e.g. EC2/EC2, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Lambdas, S3
In addition to the requirements, we would also strongly favor candidates with the following experience:
- PostgreSQL plpgsql or Oracle PL/SQL
- node.js, AWS Lambda
- SQL query optimization
- Data partitioning and sharding
- NoSQL data stores, particularly DynamoDB
- devops for large AWS deployments