Platform Engineer for Containers
Giant Swarm GmbH
We are looking for a Platform Engineer for Containers
- You will be responsible for architecting and building distributed systems
- You will use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- You take part for testing, metrics, continuous integration
- You have experience with more than one language and a strong architectural background. One of these languages is Go.
- You love to automate things and you are used to deploy in production multiple times a day
- You are a profound Linux user
- You have hands-on experience with kubernetes, prometheus and docker are a bonus point
- You prefer to build your applications as multiple services instead of a monolith
- You know the concepts of CAP theorem, paxos/raft concensus, distributed databases and message passing
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone needs to be between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
Why we think this position is worth applying for (challenge us!)
- Impact, Impact, Impact! We are a remote-first organization with a growing team from 15+ European countries. Every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we don’t are highly welcomed.
- “It's better to ask forgiveness than permission” (Paolini) - sure, it’s not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which is part of our agile mindset. We don’t do things like in the guidebook. You can try things out!
- We play a key role in our customer's digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms - more will follow.
- We serve some of Europe's leading organizations and are talking to many more.