Senior Technical Services Engineer
Thycotic is looking for a Senior Technical Services Engineer that will analyze and resolve challenging technical issues, and investigate and identify root causes at the product, data, or network level, all the while keeping key stakeholders informed and up to date on the situation. This position reports to the lead of a product engineering team but will engage all levels of the organization as appropriate across Project Management, other engineering teams, Sales Engineering, Technical Support and Professional Services, in order to own and drive customer success.
This can be a remote/telecommute position based out of your home office.
- Enhance and adhere to a world-class set of operational procedures and policies for mission-critical support; continually review and improve on these on an on-going basis.
- Become the key interface between the product engineering team and Technical Support and Professional Services groups.
- Become a subject matter expert on our product technology.
- Demonstrate, reproduce, debug and resolve advanced technical issues across our customers’ environments.
- Design and build tools and scripts to help analyze the product, database, and network log files and narrow the cause of issues.
- Assist in building and administering the infrastructure and systems that keep our customers up to date and informed.
- Work with other engineering team members to fix issues, release patches, and install in customer environments.
- Coach and guide other teams in implementing best practice policies and procedures.
- Assist in QA and validation of releases against known customer environments and configurations.
- Voice of the customer: communicate customer’s requirements and desires back to Product Management and Engineering to influence product functionality and roadmap.
- You may be required to participate in out-of-hours customer support from time to time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing or supporting enterprise software systems in a complex technical environment, including deployments in high-availability web environments leveraging SQL Server and installing agents on endpoints.
- 3+ years’ experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting of TSQL queries.
- 2+ years’ experience with hands-on development of PowerShell scripts.
- Experience in reading and understanding C#/.NET code, XML, JSON.
- A strong sense of ownership, and empathetic attitude that “the customers’ problem is my problem”.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities and ability to be highly effective in demanding situations.
- Deep technical and functional understanding of client/server enterprise systems involving secured access to systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows system administration with an emphasis on networking (TCP/IP) and security best practices.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure including databases, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers and IIS web servers.
- Experience working with Azure environments is preferred.
- Excellent collaboration, oral, written and customer service skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to communicate your knowledge of enterprise level, commercially available hardware and software products, operating systems, networking systems, and methodologies for integrating web-based products.
- Must be comfortable with some customer-related travel, including occasional travel to corporate HQ in Washington, DC.
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.