Senior Cloud Java Developer
Senior Cloud Native Java Developer (Remote United States)
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Native Java Developer that is fluent in both Spring Boot and Java 8 to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. You will have a broad background to participate in the replatforming of key APIs into a microservice architecture. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions while very good at influencing and teaching their fellow technologists. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and some travel to the customer.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build web applications using Spring Boot
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform continuous integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java development experience
- Hands on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands on with Scala is a plus
- Hands on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with AWS as a cloud infrastructure as well as different AWS services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS
- Hands on experience with relational databases.
- Hands on experience with Oracle, ETL
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Preferred Requirements a PLUS
- Experience working with a microservice architecture
- Experience using messaging middleware
- Experience using ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with AWS Kinesis is a plus
- Experience with Node.js is a plus
- Experience developing Node.js AWS Lambdas is a plus
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration workflow
- Experience acting as a technical lead is a plus