Senior Software Engineer
Tenna is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to lead and develop the second generation of our IoT product. The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, an excellent communicator, experienced in transformation projects, and possess a passion for the IoT revolution. You will be part of a highly collaborative development process, develop next-generation code, and join on the ground-floor of the re-architecture of the Tenna product line as we scale our platform.
- Write lots of bug-free, efficient, scalable and reusable code.
- Transition the current platform to a micro-services architecture.
- Unit test and take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
- Coach, encourage and mentor your fellow software developers to do the same.
- Consult with senior leadership concerning corporate direction and planning of computing environments.
- Consult with product managers to define, scope and plan new features.
- Work with the QA to ensure a cohesive, quality product is produced.
- Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve the overall product.
- Be a key participant in the Agile process.
- Produce excellent documentation.
- 8+ Years Programming Experience
- Experience with Cucumber, RSpec, React, Git, Java, C, and Python
- Experience with Rabbit MQ or MQ Equivalents
- Experience with Contained Application Deployments (Docker, Heroku)
- Experience with NoSQL-based Database Architectures
- Proficient with Amazon Web Servers (EC2, VPC, S3, Elasticsearch, Kinesis)
- Have a Functional & Scalable Working Knowledge of Linux
- Have experience with large data systems
- Have a passion for Agile-based software development.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have an ability to build an application based on a white-board sketch.
- Have an ability to build highly scalable and efficient applications.
- Have an ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Have a strong understanding of software architecture fundamentals.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the open source community, libraries,
- license types and how to incorporate these into a product appropriately.
- Be self-motivated and driven to build software products.
- Wants to build something meaningful, always with the end-user experience in mind
- Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good software design and best practices
- Is serious and professional. Our desire is to build a lasting enterprise
- Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
- Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
- Desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Possesses ingenuity to leverage all available tools and resources
- Communicates well, both written and verbally