Respondent is the world’s first marketplace for scheduling research interviews with any target audience, anywhere in the world. We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of conducting market research interviews with high-quality participants; that’s why more than 2,500 user experience researchers, marketers, product designers and other stakeholders at some of the best companies in the world - like Airbnb, IBM, Salesforce and many more - use Respondent every day.
Work hard, and take responsibility for your own freedom. That's us. Self-motivated, research-focused, and a smart thinker with experience in dealing with backend engineering and data at scale...is that you?
You will be working with the CTO and three other engineers. This role is a senior level position. Remote US only
Please include a note on why you think you'd be a good fit.
What you'll do:
- Build scalable backend data applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Build data pipelines that collect, process, and compute business metrics from marketplace activity
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Collaborate with other engineers
What we're looking for:
- Expertise in building data or training pipelines using Spark or Hadoop
- Experience in building production grade API to expose results
- Extensive programming experience in Python/Scala/Java
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or other related technical fields
- At least 5 years experience in production environment
- Experience and interest in ML
Work remotely from anywhere
Flexible schedule and a goal-oriented culture
Competitive salary and opportunity to grow with the company
Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat motivated team
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified applicants receive a few questions to answer
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute intro call with our CTO
- Next, Candidates will be invited to schedule a behavioral interview with the CEO
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a technical interview with our CTO. The technical interview can be split between a technical discussion and a technical test.
- Next, candidates will be invited to review the technical test with our CTO and other software engineers.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an additional interview with (CEO, CTO, COO)
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
- As always, the interviews and screening call will be conducted via a video call.
This is a full time position - No Contractor
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work is essential.