Senior Engineer, Internal Services
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries! We’re growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for a senior Engineer to build our Internal Services team in the Platform Engineering group. The Platform Group enables Auth0 engineers to quickly and iteratively deliver new delightful customer experiences by providing reusable, simple, reliable, secure and highly scalable infrastructure, services, tools and libraries that they can build on top of. Specifically, the Internal Services team maintains services that are consumed by many other engineering teams such as: rate limiting, feature flagging and email delivery among others. These foundational services need to be extremely reliable and fast while supporting thousands of client requests per second. We are open about technology choices and like to contribute to OSS projects. Our current stack focuses on Node.js, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and React, but we believe in picking the right tools for the job.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating to design and develop scalable, reliable Node.js services.
- Crafting and implementing features and bug fixes.
- Working with other Engineering teams to understand how they are using the services supported by the team and their future needs.
- Building reliable, highly available systems.
- Participating on the team's on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience in designing, developing and operating highly available distributed systems.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Are a great communicator.
- Have initiative and can "unblock" yourself to get things done.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience building highly reliable, scalable systems.
- Experience building services to be consumed by other developers.
- We do not expect you to be an expert in all of the above, only that you can learn the less familiar fast.
- GMT-8; GMT-7; GMT-6; GMT-5; GMT-4; GMT-3; GMT-2; GMT-1; GMT
You can learn more about our hiring process here. Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.