QA Engineer (enterprise storage/kubernetes/suse manager)
Location: Nuremberg office, Prague office or remote
As a QA Engineer involved in testing and validation you are here to push the SUSE product to its limits. In order to deliver a product, which is aligned with our customers' expectations and conforms to the highest level of quality standards, you will assist the team in identifying problems early. This would require you to write test cases while simultaneously planning, designing, developing and maintaining automation tools with various programming and scripting languages.
As part of a fast-paced agile engineering team you will be testing cutting-edge technology, while it is being integrated into new releases and updates. At the same time you will be monitoring new releases and products fixes to ensure that no regressions occur. We would expect you to contribute to the new test strategies and to help broaden the test scope, while improving the efficiency of testing wherever possible so as to reduce the effort.
The products depends on a tightly-controlled continuous integration, which is ever-growing in size and coverage. We would require you to help our own team to maintain the test suite and contribute by providing new test scripts, while supporting engineers in developing their own test cases.
We also need someone who is able to document strategies and test cases clearly and concisely in a way that could be shared and easily communicated across members in the QA and other engineering teams.
Your ability to learn fast and to be able to think on your feet will be key to this role. Still the following is expected from you:
- You are familiar with Linux environments
- You have strong programming skills and are passionate about coding (open source and Linux projects are a big plus).
- You have testing experience, preferably in an agile environment
- You are good at spoken and written English
- You have expertise in one of the scripting language like perl, shell or python
The following experience would be useful:
- Experience with Ceph or other software-defined storage solutions
- Hands on experience with Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure or others) and/or OpenStack
- Experience with troubleshooting complex issues in highly automated and distributed environments
- Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer
- Knowledge of testing automation frameworks and tools (Cucumber and/or openQA are a big plus)
- At ease with Linux installation and operations on servers... also the year of Linux on the Desktop was a long time ago for you :)
- Practical experience with Terraform and Salt
- More generally, understanding of modern software development, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, and infrastructure-as-code
What we offer:
- Positive and creative work environment within an international team
- A growing business that is at the forefront of bringing new offerings to the Linux community
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide
- You will have a chance to show off
- We are not setting borders - once you know how to do things better, please do so
- We are environment of technology enthusiasts