DevOps Engineer, PSaaS
We are growing the Auth0 Private SaaS engineering team and are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us design and build an amazing appliance. You would be a great fit for the team if you enjoy working on challenging problems and care deeply about the product’s end user experience. Not only are we looking for a talented engineer we are looking for someone who will contribute to our culture. Many of our largest customers rely on the appliance to deliver a dedicated, isolated environment to build identity solutions in their products. This team is responsible for building the tools, processes and services required to deliver and maintain the Auth0 platform as a virtual appliance capable of running in a customer or an Auth0 managed infrastructure. The team has two main responsibilities. First, we aim to deliver world-class services and tools that make it simple and enjoyable to manage and maintain Auth0's Private SaaS environments. Second, we ensure all the features available to our customers in the cloud offering are available to our appliance customers. We care deeply about the experience our customers have when managing and maintaining the appliance as well as ensuring the quality of the Auth0 service is delivered.
As the DevOps Engineer you will play a critical role in helping the team achieve our goals by focusing on:
- Simplifying Maintenance - improving the tooling and services our customers use to perform updates, installations, and common maintenance tasks for a dedicated environment.
- Configuration Management - improve the way we configure, package, and deploy the appliance.
- Improve Accessibility - design and improve an approach for allowing access to remote environments.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be:
- Designing and implementing automation for packaging and deploying the appliance.
- Driving and participating in design discussions.
- Improving the configuration management of the appliance.
- Helping review other team members code.
- Working with teams throughout Auth0 so their products work on Appliance.
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Have a thorough understanding of security principals and concerns.
- Are passionate about building systems that are highly reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You enjoy automating processes
- Have experience with distributed systems, their complexities and challenges.
- Are customer focused.
- Enjoy working on a highly collaborative, dynamic and remote team.
Also useful if you:
- Are familiar with Linux OS.
- Are familiar with a cloud provider like AWS or Azure.
- Are familiar with Packer and configuration management tools (eg. Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc).
- Are familiar with Node.js, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Are familiar with Docker and containers.
- Have knowledge of networking and infrastructure.