Senior Product Manager - Kibana Platform and Security
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to providing the best user experience to our customers and open source community. One of the most important and visible portions of the Elastic Stack is our user interface and platform, Kibana. Kibana empowers millions of users to answer hard questions, with large data sets, at scale, in a secure fashion. To be successful in this role you will need to be a self starter, detail oriented, have defined and/or built out services utilized by a web application, and have experience securing the user interface provided by a modern platform.
If you are an established Product Manager with a wealth of experience in defining services and security models of modern web applications, we’d love to talk to you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with and across our engineering teams on scoping and phased execution of new security features, alerting, reporting, task management services and more.
- Kibana is an amazing tool for data visualization, exploration and management of the Elastic Stack. As its role in the stack continues to expand, the importance of security, Kibana based API’s and UI services is growing. Your initial focus will primarily be in the areas of role based access control and the new services that will be driving Kibana forward.
- You will capture market competitive and trend data, customer and open source community feedback, usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the platform services and security product roadmap at scale.
- Gather feedback from the community and customer base to help prioritize and iterate Kibanas platform features.
- Provide competitive insight into a variety of products and markets for both sales enablement and engineering awareness.
- Build out net new features that take advantage of these services such as a native Slack application for ChatOps.
- Work with Kibana security team on compliance initiatives, like FIPS 140-2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, etc.
- Work with support, product marketing, and sales to ensure the Kibana platform features are properly supported, promoted, and utilized by our users and customers.
What You Bring Along:
- Product Management experience focusing on security features for modern web applications
- Strong understanding of identity management (IAM), single sign-on, authentication and privileged access management domains
- You are broadly knowledgeable of modern web services and service-oriented architectures (REST API’s), experience with modern web application security models and the middleware components behind them, and understand the challenges that security experts face today.
- You are curious about how and why our community and customers utilize the Elastic Stack, specifically Kibana.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or meaningful work experience in a technical discipline
- Product management or development experience with backend and frontend service-oriented architectures
- Experience designing user interface security and role-based access controls.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
- Excellent spoken and written business oriented and technical communication skills
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.