Software Engineer (Remote)
Software Engineer (Remote), Lisle, IL - Job Details
ASCEND is the expert in cardiology workflow. With over two decades of experience in Cardiovascular IT and a practicing cardiologist at our helm, ASCEND provides an unparalleled level of clinical “know how” in cardiology and IT. Our team builds cutting-edge physician reporting software, and tools leveraging healthcare data to empower our end-users (doctors and hospital staff) to provide better care for their patients.
Join a great team of software developers working on advanced healthcare applications. Our products improve the quality of medical care worldwide, and we are looking for talented and committed people to help us realize that goal. Working at ASCEND will give you the chance to not only work on challenging applications but also make a difference in people’s lives.
You will be involved in all phases of product development including preparation of technical specifications, the creation of design mockups and prototypes, and active participation in design, code, and test reviews. This position involves a high level of responsibility; the work will be challenging and the results extremely rewarding. We are looking for an excellent person to join an excellent team.
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior to Intermediate Level
Role: Full Stack/Web Developer
- Working as part of a development team to design, implement, and test the elements of our web‑based cardiology image viewer
- Participating in all phases of an Agile development process, including preparation of technical specifications, creation of design mockups/prototypes, and active participation in design, code, and test reviews
- Working with clinicians to understand their requirements and improve our products
- Working with OEM vendors to integrate our viewer with their systems
We are looking for a junior to intermediate level (1-5 years of work experience) developer who is interested in working on all facets of web and desktop applications (UI, middle tier, services, and database) – particularly a developer who is interested in medical imaging and is excited about the prospect of working on applications that combine image viewing and machine learning.
Our stack is Meteor alongside .Net, SQL Server, and MySQL.
Candidates must have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required for this position
Experience with the following is a strong plus:
- Single-page applications, web applications
- Web services
- DICOM imaging
- MVC, jQuery, WCF, XSLT
- Agile development processes, continuous integration and deployment, unit testing
- Healthcare applications
Work is performed remotely from home with equipment and software supplied by the company. This model results in an improved quality of life and better/work balance. We trust our employees to do what they need to do while still having the flexibility to take care of their other responsibilities, and we pride ourselves on developing our employees and on our strong employee retention. We have daily virtual stand-up meetings and planning and design meetings every two weeks, and occasional in-person meetings take place in our Lisle, Illinois office. Over the years we have established a great team dynamic and a culture that enables everyone to contribute and grow to their fullest potential.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account
EEOC is the Law
Job Type: Full-time