DevOps / Production Support Engineer, Asian region (Chinese time zone)
A strong preference is given to the candidates living in Asia.
Pioneering advancements in blockchain technology infrastructure, Blockstream is the leading company extending Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new asset types and financial markets. Blockstream supports values of decentralization, privacy, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
As a DevOps / Production Support Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of operational maintenance and incident response for a 24x7 mixed cloud and bare metal Linux production operations environment. You will oversee day to day deployments, ensuring that service SLAs are met, and responding to outages as necessary.
Ideally, you have experience in both formal operational roles -- a NOC or equivalent environment -- and in startup DevOps or SRE roles. You will have the ability to work creatively within a standard set of operational guidelines. You thrive on well-defined process and you are proactive about ensuring that operational process bridges the gap between expectation and real-life experience.
You will enjoy a fast-paced creative atmosphere of a well-funded FinTech Series A startup, multitude of growth opportunities, excellent compensation and benefits, flexible working schedule, and an option for telecommute.
- Ability to work on time zones close to Chinese.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- 5+ years of experience in a formal operational environment (Data Center or ISP NOC or equivalent)
- Understanding of operational responsibility and ability to own running services with little oversight.
- Ability to perform all aspects of Unix / Linux server administration in Cloud and bare metal environments.
- Exert Shell scripting skills
- Strong Cloud experience (AWS, Google Cloud Services, Azure)
- 24x7 Operations Experience
- Security Orientation: genuine enthusiasm for all aspects of security -- network, physical, operational.
- Comprehensive understanding of security practices in a distributed environment.
- Ability to work with Software Engineering to ensure operations-focused systems design.
- Experience in DevOps and test/deployment automation
- Network Engineering experience
- Server Hardware experience
- Data Center experience
- Cluster administration experience
- Software Engineering background
- Bitcoin miner experience
- Financial systems experience
- Telco / ISP NOC or Operations background
- Big Data experience
- Chef / Ansible / Puppet etc.
- GitHub or other repositories
- Please share your resume in PDF, text or Word format. And we love to read Cover Letters!
- Please share your own projects, Open Source contributions for immediate review
- Tell us why you would be excited to work for Blockstream