Cloud Security Engineer - security mgmt of cloud-based (SaaS) in an agile envrmt
Federated Wireless Inc.
Federated Wireless is a dynamic, fast-paced, cutting-edge software company that is leading the wireless industry through the shared spectrum revolution.
Federated Wireless is disaggregating the wireless networks to allow for new disruptive models for fast, low-cost cloud enabled wireless connectivity solutions. We are taking advantage of the latest cloud services and implementing advanced algorithms to fully automate service creative and delivery. We are looking for leaders who want to revolutionize the way wireless networks are built.
Federated Wireless is led by CEO Iyad Tarazi and a team of industry veterans who continue to build on this heritage, pioneering new territory in the commercialization of shared spectrum.
Federated Wireless is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to monitor and proactively manage the security of Federated Wireless’ network and application services. The engineer is expected to be able to independently design, develop, deploy and maintain security management technologies in all phases of an agile service development and deployment life cycle. She or he will be required to design components or sub-components, and then follow through with the integration, and testing of all components. Self-motivation, teamwork and experience working in a fast paced agile environment are highly desired.
- Designs, integrates, and tests a suite of tools for security management of multi-tenant private and public cloud application services.
- Recommends configuration changes to improve the performance, usability, and value of cyber analysis tools.
- Assists with product studies, performs requirements analysis, and develops software architectures to meet requirements
- Creates technical proposals and white papers, writes functional and design specifications
- Measure compliance against standards
Experience in the following areas is required:
- 3-5 years experience (preferred) with security management of cloud based services (SaaS) in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Experience architecting, deploying and managing a suite of security management tools, including tools for: WAF, SIEM, log management, DDOS protection, Pen-testing, vulnerability management, automated code analysis, and anti-malware.
- Hands-on experience with security management of virtual machines, containers, and applications.
- Experience with Git source code control
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of public key cryptography, web services SSO strategies, CVSS scoring
Experience in the following area is desired:
- Experience with Agile development and participating in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with automation and dev-ops technologies (such as puppet, chef, ansible, etc)
- Strong knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
- Open to any of Federated Wireless' office locations in Arlington, VA; Boston, MA; or San Jose, California
- Travel will be required in this position, domestically or internationally as deemed necessary to the growth and expansion of the Company.
Federated Wireless is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.