Senior Software Engineer in Test
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
We are looking for a Senior automation engineer who will help design and implement an easy to use framework. Simplicity is key; this framework will be data driven, will encompass parallel streams of automation, will encompass end-to-end functionality as well as non-functional cases. Automation is central to our quality strategy as we continue to deepen and expand our product.
What You’ll Do
- Design an automation architecture that is modular and extensible
- Develop system, software, and component test plans, automated tests, and supporting libraries
- Work with Release Engineering to further integrate automation into the build system
- Assist in automation adoption within the engineering organization
- Lead your scrum team’s automation effort and mentor engineers on industry best practices
- Work with developers on improving the system quality (during design and implementation phases)
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented Python and C++ programming
- Ability to design and build test frameworks to test enterprise level software
- Knowledge or experience with system internals experience a big plus
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, TDD
- Testing client-server applications on Windows operating systems
- Solid experience with test automation containers such as Docker
- JSON, API blueprint
- AWS Cloud/SaaS experience