The Cheat Sheet
Love DevOps and Systems Administration? We’re looking for you!
The Cheat Sheet is a pop media company dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about topics to bring readers the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice.
We are looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to join our team. The Cheat Sheet is known for its entertaining lifestyle coverage, and you could be part of our team dedicated to having fun together while building and promoting our site and content!
As our DevOps Engineer you will:
- Report to our Director of Technology and manage operational infrastructure used for http://www.cheatsheet.com and our affiliate sites.
- Work to deploy, automate, maintain and manage our AWS cloud based production and Rackspace systems, ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Conduct systems troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggest architecture improvements, recommending process improvements to the leadership team.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Support installation and maintenance of layered software, and infrastructure.
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues.
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demands.
- Build deployment automation scripts and manage deployments.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production.
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Skill in developing and improving CI/CD scripts and services for development and deployment
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of four years of DevOps experience.
- Solid understanding of the AWS and Rackspace architected framework and ability to apply AWS + Rackspace best practices to application deployments.
- Strong understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics.
- Experience supporting web technologies and websites running Apache or NGINX.
- Experience with Linux operating systems including installing, configuring and troubleshooting.
- Experience in SQL architecture such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS-SQ.
- Strong project management skills and the passion to continue to learn new technologies in your field.
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills.
- A high capacity to adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.
- Required Technologies:
- Yii Framework or MVC Framework experience
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming
- Standards compliant coding practices
- Experience with revision control, particularly Mercurial
- Linux CLI
What makes The Cheat Sheet a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 15 million monthly readers and our company was named to Inc’s Top 5000 list for 2016 + 2017.
- We are a tightly knit team passionate about our product and we strive to be experts in our fields. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere you choose. We have a distributed workforce, which means you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance as well as 401k contributions.