Senior Software Engineer
The Motus Technology team is looking for an experienced server-side software engineer to join the team in the midst of some exciting expansion. The team is currently working on building a next-generation calculation and analytics platform, migrating existing monolithic applications to a service-based architecture and supporting new lines of business all while improving the stability, security and efficiency of our production systems. Our server applications use Docker, Java, and PostgreSQL to provide a scalable, flexible microservice architecture that support our web clients, native mobile applications, and public-facing REST APIs.
The ideal candidate for this role will be motivated and excited to take responsibility for large parts of our applications as well as be a strong mentor for the rest of the software development team. Someone who has been successful at building scalable, maintainable and extensible software on a Java stack is preferred.
This position is open for someone to work in Waterford, WI, Boston, MA or remotely.
- Analyze – Help gather requirements and work closely with our Product Analysts to define them.
- Design –Ccreate a workable model from the requirements.
- Build – You’ll be writing the most complex and crucial parts of the system.
- Teach – Mentor and guide our junior team members.
- Improve – We’re always looking for ways to do things better, so you’ll be encouraged to take on projects that do that.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4-6+ years of experience developing server applications
- 3-5+ years of architecture experience with significant design responsibilities.
- Experience with Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate and JPA.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP), design patterns, and domain driven design.
- Experience with modern web development such as AJAX, HTML5 / CSS3, single-page applications, mobile web development
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent English and communication skills.
- Consistent demonstration of Motus core values – curious, brave and exceptional.
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Strong networking skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Industry recognized certifications a plus.