Security Engineering Manager - Cloud Security
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security Team is in the privilege position of supporting a security first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
The Cloud Security team builds, owns and maintains the critical security infrastructure that provides visibility into Auth0’s production operations. We are looking for a security engineer with a passion for solving security problems and building tools to drive automation. This is an exciting time to join Auth0 as we are growing quickly and this role is an opportunity to drive the expansion of our Cloud Security team.
- Provide team leadership and own the delivery of security engineering projects
- Design, build and maintain the systems that help keep Auth0 secure
- Demonstrate the effectiveness and coverage of these systems
- Develop tools to test, monitor and enforce security policy
- Automate security process to reduce as much manual process as possible
- Own and improve our security monitoring pipeline
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support the infrastructure and respond to security events
- Experience working as a Security Engineer and delivering engineering projects
- Experience administering and securing AWS
- Strong Linux experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Node, Go etc.)
- Experience with log collection and storage (e.g. ELK/EFK stacks, Sumo Logic etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a globally distributed environment with a remote workforce
- A passion for infrastructure as code and have used tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience running a vulnerability management programme
- You have used configuration management tools (e.g. Salt Stack, Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- You write readable, maintainable code and have experience managing source code with git
Examples of our Engineering Culture:
Auth0 values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.