Senior Devops/Sysadmin Engineer - PHP environment (Remote/Onsite)
We like to build stuff… sometimes complicated stuff… for Non Profits, Charities and Art Galleries. We’re on the lookout for a confident and ambitious Devops / Sysadmin to join our fast growing startup to help us automate our development processes and build our first SaaS product!
- Developing our Ansible suite to automate more tasks such as security and deployment releases, site updates and server maintenance
- Maintaining and developing our Docker containers for developer environments and testing environments
- Architecting a robust SaaS platform for a really significant Drupal project for the not for profit sector
- Integrating with Slack/Hipchat/Stride and developing our inhouse chatbot (Compubot!) (or similar)
- Working closely with the development team to develop command line tools to automate their processes
If you live and breath Linux and love reconfiguring Web servers for the LEMP/LAMP stack until they are as secure as a rock but would also enjoy the challenge of developing a new SaaS platform on AWS then we would love to hear from you.
Skills and requirements
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent Linux administration skills.
- PHP Web server experience (NGINX preferable, Apache useful).
- Some DB admin experience (Mysql or equivalent).
- Experience with cloud technologies AWS/Open stack.
- Previous experience with CI/DevOps tools platforms (i.e. Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Good Git skills (comfortable preparing release branches).
- Previous PHP deployment automation desirable.
- Some experience/Knowledge in monitoring tools.
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills.
- Love creating awesome documentation!
Whilst we'd love to find someone who has all the skills we need, whats most important to us is finding a member of the team who can grasp concepts quickly, has great attention to detail, and most importantly loves a tech challenge. In short, we’re a team of self confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right and are looking for someone who thinks and acts like us.
At Compucorp we are a distributed team and we welcome people to join us from all around the world, however as a UK based Company some overlap with UK hours will be required. By default you should assume that your working hours would be +/- 3h max from GMT start times of 9.00AM UK start time. There is some flexibility in this but please be aware that staff members starting outside of these hours are rare and as such if you would expect these hours to be an issue for you then we would not suggest that you apply.
For the Devops role, due to EU data protection requirements, the team member must be from either an EEA country or a country that the EU considers to have adequate level of data protection. The list can be found at the link below: