Spring boot / Angular Developer Position
Portland Webworks, Inc.
Portland Webworks is looking for a talented Java Developer. You're a technology enthusiast who works on your own personal software projects in your spare time. You thrive in a relaxed and collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of ideas. It's not enough for you to be the best at your work, you want the whole team to be the best. You help the team to grow by mentoring others, helping implement best coding practices, and breaking down barriers to communication.
We're a professional business services company. We consult with our clients on what tools and approaches should be used to solve their specific tech challenges. We can only do this when the client trusts us. Our development team earns the client's trust by being knowledgeable about industry tools and practices, being able to explain the solution in a way the client can understand, and always showing the client that we are clearly focused on delivering, in as efficient a way as possible, software that addresses their business need.
Our current work consists of developing single page, data-driven web applications. Key tech we're using is:
- The Spring framework or Spring boot
- RESTful web services
- JPA - as implemented by Hibernate
- MySql, Postgresql, or Oracle
These low-friction, flexible tools allow us to quickly build the solutions our clients need.
As a Java Developer at Portland Webworks, you can expect to:
- work with cutting edge technologies
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- consult with clients on design
- work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- practice and mentor Agile and Continuous Development practices
- participate in peer Code Reviews
- contribute to the company's best practices knowledge base
As a Java Developer, you will bring:
- Solid java experience equivalent to 3 years of real-world coding experience
- Proficient in Web Application Development on all tiers, including HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of Java and Java libraries and frameworks (e.g. Spring and Hibernate)
- demonstrated abilities to estimate, design, develop, and test software, from the browser to the back end.
- skills for coordinating with clients to assess user needs, and identify requirements
- excellent OO skills, including design pattern knowledge
- a desire to work with Agile Methodologies
- knowledge of software best practices, like CI and TDD
- an understanding of "code smells" and refactoring techniques
- ability to break project requirements up into constituent pieces
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
This position requires candidates to provide coding examples. Please include access to some work you have done.