Head of Partnerships
TaxJar has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, experienced, and driven Head of Partnerships to help small and medium sized eCommerce businesses save time and money on sales tax compliance.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers.
We offer TaxJar Reports , a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state; AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns; and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations. For developers, we have created an helpful API demo environment and also are fanatics about creating and maintaining great API documentation.
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
About TaxJar’s Growth Team:
The mission of TaxJar’s growth team consists of sales, marketing, content, and partnerships, and our mission in is clear: get more eCommerce businesses in the US to experience using TaxJar for managing their sales tax reporting, filing and calculations, and to help show those businesses the tremendous value in cost and time-savings in choosing to fully automate their sales tax needs.
The team’s goal is to maximize the number of qualified customers that begin our free trial and ensure the highest percentage of those folks end up as a customers on the other side. Our team is small, but we have a huge impact on the business. We work very closely with the customer success and product development teams in order to deliver on these goals.
We are looking to expand the team with a talented and experienced Head of Partnership that fully understands how to own and grow the relationships with our partners.
Areas of focus for this role will be
1. Working with our existing eCommerce and channel partners to increase TaxJar’s exposure in their ecosystems, and develop plans to create mutual success. These partnerships include eCommerce carts, marketplaces, and key influencers of these channels.
2. Establish and grow a program to work with the eCommerce channel partners, including systems integrators and digital agencies who build, deploy and maintain eCommerce sites for merchants, and develop a process to measure success of the channel.
3. Own the strategy for future partnerships and TaxJar integrations, and execute on a partner roadmap. This will also include building our in-house and third party integrations strategy, developing our affiliate program, and building plans to work with CPAs and tax professionals.
4. Build a partnerships team. This role will begin as a very hands-on execution role with no direct reports, but expect that a successful team member will develop the processes including establishment of KPIs and dashboards, reporting, and ultimately build out a partnerships team based on his or her recommended growth plan, and primarily funded through revenue growth generated through partnerships.
10 things About You…
- You have a track record of building strong relationships. You’ve been able to build a large partner & channel marketing base in previous roles of customers and partners that know and trust you. You’ve demonstrated results delivering on partner KPIs in the past.
- You can see the full-picture. You’re thoughtful and organized. Before beginning a project, you take the time to understand both “why we’re doing this” and “why it makes sense to do this now”.
- You’re a pro at communicating. When working with the team and externally with customers, you’re a pro at both communicating clearly and listening to feedback. You have excellent visual and verbal communication skills. You’re a great writer who can effectively and creatively communicate TaxJar’s value to businesses across a variety of formats and platforms.
- You’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, able to build and execute a plan with imperfect data. You’re resourceful and scrappy and able to leverage content and tools to get programs started quickly. You have an understanding of complete go-to-market planning and execution.
- You have a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize, you meet deadlines and requirements of internal and external customers by responding promptly and thoroughly with all types of requests.
- You’re an excellent project manager who can be counted on to deliver quality results for multiple projects to completion on a deadline.
- You’re a team player, and a team builder. You step in to help when others need you and your job is to make “all boats rise” on our team. You’re also fully open to giving and receiving thoughtful, constructive straightforward feedback as you learn and grow. You have experience in building out a high performing team.
- You understand the role of education in the sales process. You’ve had experience designing and implementing programs and scaleable trainings to help educate channel partners on your product’s value and purpose.
- You’ve closely partnered with sales or have worked in a sales environment in previous roles. You’re able to provide consultative sales support and training/demonstrations for partners and customers.
- You’ve managed and grown a partner program from the ground up and have shown the ability to initiate processes, effectively manage partners, build materials and structure a program build strong relationships and drive additional leads.
If that sounds like you, here’s what we need you to help with:
Develop and maintain multi-level relationships with key partner brands, customers, and influencers. Collaborate with partners to identify and creative high-value co-marketing opportunities.
Build a playbook to launch and grow the channel marketing program, and then execute on it.
Take ownership of the TaxJar affiliate program. Create opportunities and incentives for new partners to join our channel and affiliate programs.
Build a plan to expand TaxJar’s data integration partners, including additional eCommerce and ERP integrations, and considering internally build and third party integrations
Develop a plan for building a channel of CPAs and Tax Professionals, and work closely with product development to build the features they need in TaxJar.
Work closely with marketing to define and craft messaging, positioning, and core marketing collateral for programs.
Proactively drive all internal and partner communications for channel programs, including sharing of best practices and case studies to drive further buy-in and adoption of TaxJar across channels.
Manage demand generation programs like webinars, blogs, white papers, etc. for partners and work closely with growth team to optimize effectiveness of campaigns.
Develop and execute sales tax education programs for the TaxJar partner community.
Follow channel programs through to completion by working closely with sales to qualify leads. and completing post-program ROI analysis. Always be willing to dive into our data and help the team understand how we’re doing and where we can improve.
Willingness to travel and attend in-person trade shows and live events with customers and communicate with partners through various channels including social media, slack, etc
- 5+ years with partnerships experience in the tech space, preferably in marketing SaaS technologies to eCommerce audiences
2+ years of leading a team or managing people
Strong, existing relationships in eCommerce is a big plus