Customer Support Champion
You probably haven’t run into a company like Olark before.
We are 40 people distributed around the globe working together to fundamentally change the way people communicate with businesses. We care deeply about customer service which is reflected in our All Hands Support model. Our passion and dedication for our over 10,000 customers is a direct result of our people centric org model. Simply put: we are on a mission to make business human.
Are you fanatical about providing great customer support and have meticulous attention to detail? We are looking for a new member to join our support team!
You will play a pivotal role in helping define our customer support culture by contributing to our positive organization and fulfilling our company goals to provide the best possible experience to our customers. We do this by building user-facing web applications and infrastructure to help thousands of people build stronger connections with their customers via real-time web chat.
Note: this is a fully-remote position. You must be based within the US or Canada in either the Eastern or Central time zone.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Frontline support: interacting with existing and potential customers, primarily via Olark chat and email, and occasionally over the phone, Skype or social media.
What we expect of you:
- 1-3 years of public facing customer support experience. Aptitude to learn technologies and tools like chat, email and CRM software.
- You must be located within the Eastern or Central time zones. This is preferred in order to provide our customers with adequate support across all regions. This particular role will work Eastern time zone hours.
- Excellent written and spoken English-language proficiency; proficiency in other languages is icing on the cake!
- You need to LOVE chatting with people and solving problems.
- You have mad skills at communicating technical issues to both engineers and to new users of all skill levels.
- You have demonstrated experience providing amazing customer service and making people happy.
- Experience with, or willingness to try, working remotely.
You can expect a lot from us:
First off, make sure to read about our team culture at olark.com/jobs, and our values at olark.com/values. You can also get a sense of our history at olark.com/10000. Beyond what you see there, as a member of our support team you can expect:
- A great remote culture and team: Even though we’re geographically dispersed, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- We value your time to do focused work: We have one weekly required customer support meeting and a team wide sync. We appreciate and take advantage of the time we have to get in sync, but we also deeply value and respect our time to think and do focused work.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.