Python Software Engineer
PageFreezer Software Inc
Who we’re looking for:
Do you write clean code? Are you a skilled bug squasher? We’re looking for a Software Engineer well versed in Python to join our Product Development team. Working closely with your teammates, you’ll be responsible for ensuring a positive, delightful experience for each of our customers.
Through a role focused on programming and fixing code, the main goal of the Software Engineer is to elevate our user experience by developing or improving features within our archiving software. With that priority in mind, you will collaborate with our team to ensure system consistency and ease of use on the server side of the software.
To be successful in the role, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications that meet the specifications outlined by the product managers. You should also possess excellent programming skills, a passion for developing innovative apps, and an ability to think critically on how to improve existing ones.
This is a full time position as part of our Product Development team in our Gastown, Vancouver office, with a competitive starting salary commensurate with skills and experience. Priority will be placed on local applicants, but we will consider applicants located in the North and South American time zones for remote contractor work.
A day in the job entails:
- Engineering quality code to develop functional web applications that meet requirements set out by management
- Writing and maintaining documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborating with the Front End team to integrate UI elements with server side logic and developing and maintaining UI tests to optimize performance
- Creating and maintaining unit and functional test cases on your code before staging
- Assisting the Quality Assurance and Customer Support teams by identifying and fixing issues
- Debugging applications
- Prioritizing and providing updates and feedback on issues in GitHub
- Helping to create reusable code and libraries for future use
You’ll be a great match if you have:
- A good understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, deployment) and application lifecycle
- 2+ years of working experience in Python software development, Python Packages and Libraries
- Experience in optimization of Python 2.x and 3.x code for computational and I/O efficiency
- Experience using web framework such as Tornado with Python
- Knowledge of Relational and Non-Relational Database Technologies: MySQL, NoSQL(Cassandra)
- Experience in developing projects on Google App Engine, including DataStore and Google Cloud services
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Familiarity with creating, maintaining, and documenting REST APIs
- Experience with HTTP Protocol
- Practical working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent issue/ticket management skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills and time management skills
- A self-starter attitude with the discipline and commitment to meet your deadlines/quotas
- An innovative mindset that leads to solutions
- An insatiable desire to keep learning and growing
- A passion for delighting customers
- A flexible and hands-on attitude, with a patience for context-switching
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
You’ll jump to the front of the line if you have:
- An M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- A belief that leadership is attitude and teamwork makes the dream work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An adaptable game plan and an ear for coaching
- A knack for doing more with less, but better than the rest
- Trustworthiness, and the ability form meaningful working relationships
- Experience with front-end web technologies, containerization technologies such as Docker, and/or AWS
You’ll want to work with us because:
- Working at PageFreezer, you’ll be part of the team that provides the leading website and social media archiving solution, helping governments, fortune 500s, financial services firms, and more organizations collect and preserve their online conversations to comply with regulatory laws, stay out of legal trouble, and focus on what it is they do best.
- We take care of you! We offer a competitive compensation package, extended health benefits and a matching Retirement Savings Plan. Our office includes a killer view, lovable office dog, and a culture that values flexibility, real work/life balance, and trust.
This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada or those aspiring to do so who are capable of obtaining necessary work authorization. We strongly believe that a diverse team is key to making us a successful company.