Certification Manager (Technology)
Alliances Management Consulting Inc.
Position Title: Certification Manager (Technology)
Reports To: CTO
Compensation: $75,000 - $95,000, depending on experience
Location: Negotiable: All Alliances Management team members work virtually from their respective home offices.
Dedication: Expected 40 hours/week with growth opportunities
Travel: 3-6 domestic trips annually, with international a possibility.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a customized introductory letter (which we really do read) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received no later than 20 December 2017.
Alliances Management is an association management and consulting company with professionals located throughout the United States and satellite offices in Europe and Asia. We fulfill high-profile functions for international clients, including EMVCo and FIDO Alliance in the association space and eBay and Visa in the private sector. We have grown tenfold since our inception in 2006 because of our unwavering commitment to excellence. Our services include development of international programs, management of global events, financial management, and management of technology certification programs.
We are interested in hiring only candidates with extremely high standards and who believe that client satisfaction is not only essential in its own right, but also because it will bring long-term success to Alliances Management.
To learn more, visit www.alliancesmanagement.com.
The Certification Manager (Technology) will be part of a team that manages internationally recognized certification programs for technical products and services. We require a detail-oriented individual to manage the entirety of the certification/exam application process, including receipt and review of applications, approval of candidates, responding to inquiries, and participating in overall strategy meetings for our clients’ new initiatives.
S/he will own the application and customer service aspects of the client relationship and will be responsible for the following:
• Serving as subject-matter expert in certification processes and policies for consumer electronics, security, or other related technology products or services
• Reviewing each application and confirming that applicants meet the submission requirements as set forth in the certification handbook
• Serving as the primary point of contact for questions about the certification and/or exam processes
• Maintaining the certification database and CRM system to ensure proper tracking of applicant information
• Working with entire team to evaluate new certification opportunities and brainstorm relevant new content that should be created
• Working with web & IT team to streamline and improve the application process
• Aiding in strategic marketing initiatives aimed at increasing certification volume
• Participating in client meetings as necessary, including travel to client sites approximately once per quarter
• Working with individuals across continents and time zones as necessary
The ideal candidate for the Certification Manager (Technology) role should have the following qualifications:
• A minimum of five years' experience managing a certification/application process
• Application/certification experience for non-profit organizations or industry associations in technical fields (i.e. hardware, software, security, authentication, etc.)
• Experience processing and approving hundreds of annual applicants, including verification of eligibility
• History of success maintaining a certification database (CRM system such as Microsoft Cobalt)
• Knowledge of professional associations, standards bodies, and organizations that write technical specifications
• Ability to rapidly learn about new technologies and processes—and serve as a point of contact to explain such processes
• Excellent control of English grammar (verbal and written) and attention to detail
• Exceptional references from similar professional environment(s)
• Bachelors or equivalent in relevant field