Senior Software Engineer (Rails)
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer at Fleetio, you’ll build incredible software that helps our customers and users be successful in their jobs. This is a demanding but rewarding role that requires a broad engineering skillset.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You’ll be working with other Senior Software Engineers, our CTO, Product Management and Product Designers. We work in weekly sprints and use Pivotal Tracker to keep things organized. Other than a Dev Planning meeting on Mondays and Dev Demos on Fridays, we keep meetings to a minimum.
Our stack includes Ruby/Rails, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Postgres and Heroku. We’re currently on Rails 5 and strive to keep our frameworks and libraries up to date.
You’ll be adding new features to our different products (Fleetio Manage and Fleetio Drive), working on escalated support cases and bugs, and sometimes working on DevOps-related tasks to ensure the system is fast and humming along for our users.
This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Build software used by users all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or wherever you’d like as a part of our strong remote working culture.
- We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
- We’re a startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
- About 40% of our team works remotely and we’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We place great value on work/life balance and abhor the startup life of working 100 hours a week. We have families and know you do, too.
- Check out our careers page for a fun video and more information about working at Fleetio: fleetio.com/careers
- Expert knowledge of Ruby, Rails, Angular and Postgres
- Know extension languages like HAML, SASS, CoffeeScript
- Fundamental understanding of good UX design
- Understand the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Level up if you know a thing or two about cars and engines
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- Meaningful company equity
- Book program and professional development budget
- Mac laptop and whatever tools you need