We’re Eight. We create digital products that have helped over 10,000 of the biggest (and smallest) eCommerce companies sell more online. We’re growing our team and we want you to be part of it.
We’re a small and fully remote team of designers, developers and project managers who work together (to varying degrees) and experiment with how to do things.
Being 100% remote, we’re well versed in the tools that make it such an enjoyable way of working, including Slack, Zoom, Jira and Github. We work in an agile way and you will see and feel an immediate impact with the collective efforts of the team.
We’re building a company and a team we love and we’re in it for the long run.
We’re seeking a front-end developer to help us out with an increasing workload, working primarily (to begin with) on Shopify themes, and the front-end for upcoming and existing apps, both enterprise and SaaS.
As a remote team across time zones, we have a flexible approach to your work schedule, however we would usually expect you to cross at least 5 hours of 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday GMT (we finish an hour earlier on Fridays) during your first year of working with us, and although this is a remote position, we are only looking for people in the EU and GMT +/- 2h.
Required knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with Github.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positivity and awesomeness. You are excited about being an integral part of a growing start-up and are great at finding creative solutions and workarounds when needed.
- You take initiative and ownership and need little supervision, and have experience of working remotely.
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Experience with the Shopify platform (Liquid)
- Experience with Ionic/Angular
- Experience with React/Django
- Starting salary £26k - £32k
- Co-working space allowance
- Budget for home-working set up, your choice of laptop etc
- Pension scheme (UK-based employees)
- Great holiday entitlement - 30 days holiday a year