Senior Support Engineer - APAC Region
As a Senior Support Engineer at CircleCI you will have an impact every day by working directly with our customers to help them get the best from the CircleCI platform. You’ll be working directly with developers (both customers and CircleCI engineers) to help shape and improve the the product and customer experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working remotely without much (if any) oversight. You’ll be part of the Support Team which is currently ten people. We’re a fully remote team with employees around world. You’ll be a product expert in all areas. You’ll spend most of your days sending timely, human replies to questions via support tickets, but you’ll also craft documentation, troubleshoot potential bugs, and collaborate with the rest of the team to be as helpful as possible to our customers.
As a Senior Support Engineer you’ll focus on technical ‘deep-dives’ to get to the bottom of problems and create solutions. We’d rather you spent a day solving a tricky problem for an important customer than running through 30 easy tickets. You’ll be creating scripts, configuration enhancements and automating processes for customers and our internal tooling. Writing bug reports and escalations for the product and engineering teams is an important part of the role, we expect you to always act in the best interest of the customer.
You’ll be given plenty of autonomy to simply do what’s right, no questions asked.
With great power comes great responsibility.
As someone on the front line, your understanding of the product and our customers is incredibly valuable. You’ll be able to share knowledge with the product team to make sure we’re getting it right.
We believe that sustainable growth for CircleCI is a byproduct of putting our customers and their needs, first. You’ll be actively collaborating with the customer success, customer engineering and product teams to help our customers.
Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI has a remote team with employees around the world and in our San Francisco and Toronto offices.
For details about our technology stack please see this StackShare post by our CTO: https://stackshare.io/circleci/how-circleci-processes-4-5-million-builds-per-month
- We’re looking for someone who can work hours that overlap with Asia Pacific time zones.
- Because we value work-life balance and creating a sustainable position, we prefer if you are geographically located in an equivalent timezone to UTC +13 to UTC +8 (so you do not need to zone-shift or work far outside of normal business hours where you live).
- This job is Monday-Friday, full-time in your timezone (hours are flexible but we prefer it if you can keep a regular pattern)
Are you empathetic to developers and love to problem-solve? We’d love to talk to you if:
- You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient and resilient, with an excellent sense of humor.
- You’re an exceptional listener and educator, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an effective communicator, fluent in written English.
- Your writing is clear and simple. You’re confident with humility and empathy.
- You have determination and take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You aren’t scared of a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
- You have strong Linux / Unix based operating system knowledge. Bash and shell scripting skills are invaluable.
- You’re familiar with the ecosystems around these stacks (their frameworks, dependency management tools and deployment options).
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational databases and their configuration options.
- You’re experienced with Git and Github / Bitbucket.
- You’ve worked with Docker and container based technologies.
- You’re comfortable searching and reading log files to locate the source of problems.
- Have some knowledge of Unit Testing and Test Driven Development.
- Have some knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies.