Modern Tribe is looking for a talented Product Designer to join our team.
Modern Tribe’s Product team actively runs multiple products, including the largest open-source calendaring and events framework (over 7 million downloads and counting). We are looking for experienced product designers to help us improve the user experience for our existing products as well as help us develop new products already in the works. Our team needs a designer with a strong product mindset, willing to collaborate with development, marketing, strategy and QA teams to inform the product and user experience.
Above and beyond your individual talents, we’re looking for someone to join our team. We’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you’re excited about learning from others, and helping others – you’ll find a good home here.
If that sounds like you, get in touch.
- Execute design thinking tactics – write user profiles and flows
- Execute within the entire design lifecycle including research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and user testing.
- Work with Product Strategists to understand challenges and define solutions
- Work with the development team to realize designs, conduct design QA, and aid in interaction design
- Extremely outgoing and friendly attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge and Experience
- Expertise in UX and UI design for digital products
- Strong Adobe experience
- Engaged in design community, current on contemporary design strategy
- Demonstrable history of digital product definition and design
- Understanding of product development lifecycle
- Competency in code – we expect a general understanding of how technology works
- Passion for detail and standards
- Experience in content creation, marketing, and copywriting
- Demonstrable history of designing and shipping products for web and mobile
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCER: This means that if you live within the USA, you will also maintain your own personal client list and that Modern Tribe will only comprise a portion of your total income. Regardless of where you live, you need to be already freelancing.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 4+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
Our hourly rate for this gig starts at $45-75/hr, commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. We often start our freelancers on a one time contract position (though we are always seeking long standing relationships with kick-ass people).