Lead Android Engineer to Build Event Apps
WHAT WE DO
Events are where we go to be inspired by those who've followed their dreams, learn from the people who want us to succeed, build life-long friendships and discover new opportunities.
Our goal is to help organizers succeed in building more of these unforgettable events. Thousands of events depend on Sched, like tech conferences, comic conventions, music festivals, yoga festivals, professional development days and even furry conventions. Seriously, there is an event for everything.
You'll be building something that makes a real difference to our customers. Here's actual feedback about what you'll be building:
I wonder what the world did before Sched...
- Sched completely revolutionized our convention.
- Sched is pretty fuckin' awesome.
- Using Sched is something I actively LOOK FORWARD TO whenever we're getting ready to put on another event.
- Driven to work on something that has thousands of passionate customers — and make it even better.
- Excited to take a critical role in building out better processes for getting things done at Sched.
- Outstanding with communication skills and the ability to keep your team in the loop.
- Self-motivated to take on responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ready to work with a small team that has your back and will support your growth.
- 2+ years experience developing and maintaining Android apps. (Kotlin/Java)
- Deep understanding of Android fundamentals (concurrency, networking, SQLite) and interface guidelines.
- Discipline to write clean and well-documented code w/ unit testing and CI process.
- Experience w/ integrating RESTful web services and push notifications.
- Experience w/ code versioning tools like Git.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll be building our brand new attendee-facing app. This is your chance to start fresh with no legacy code base and create something that you are proud of -- that's clean and well-documented. It will be used by millions of attendees.
As part of Sched's remote-only team, you can work from anywhere in the world. Some of our team use the flexibility to work from home. Some of our team use it to travel. It's up to you. Our founder has lived in Airbnbs for the past 5 years.
We get together throughout the year in incredible places like Bali, Tokyo, Berlin and Mykonos, all covered by Sched. Part work, part vacation, we call them #schedcations. Want to join us?
PAY & BENEFITS
Salary is dependent on experience. Generous benefits include paying you to take vacation, conferences stipends, equipment when needed and flexible hours.