Pressable, a leading provider of WordPress hosting, is looking for a talented developer to help us build the world's best WordPress hosting service.
We are looking for these qualities:
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in conjunction with an underlying database like MySQL or similar
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language like PHP or Python. Low-level language experience is a plus
- Experience in Ansible configuration management
- Ability to handle all phases of a project on your own, from idea to implementation.
- Ability to create awesome developer documentation around features and configurations for team members and users
- Self directed with strong organizational skills
- Teamwork: sharing your expertise with our team and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Leadership skills with experience managing engineers at past positions
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with web developmen
- Experience with web development frameworks
- An understanding of the inner working of WordPress
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Using debugging skills to solve problems on production systems
- Building maintainable, efficient, and clean code on Pressable's stack
- Daily upkeep, maintenance, monitoring of Pressable's control panel
- Providing thought leadership and direction for Pressable's development team
- Working closely with Systems to build new features and improve Pressable's stack
- Communicating with Pressable's leadership, and proactively looking for opportunities for improvement
Our benefits our great. You can expect:
- Flexibility. Our team is remote, meaning you can work from anywhere you want as long as you have an internet connection.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for less than $10. We pay 99% of premiums for you and your family.
- 401(k) matching. We match your 401(k) contributions up to 6% of your salary.
- A generous time off policy. We want our team members to enjoy a phenomenal work–life balance.
Let us know you’re interested!