SaaS Product Marketing Manager
We are looking for someone to help us scale the ReCharge marketing department. You will have the unique opportunity be a leader at fast growing remote SaaS startup. In the SaaS Product Marketing Manager role you will own the positioning, messaging, sales materials, competitive resources, and launch management process for the ReCharge platform. You will be asked to manage a wide range of marketing activities across both online and offline channels including email marketing, online advertising, SEM, events, content marketing, and content syndication. This role reports to the Director of Growth and Marketing.
We have two missions at ReCharge: make it easy for people to sell subscription products online, and make our company an amazing place to work. The first mission began as three people working out of a small apartment, trying to solve one of the biggest problems facing Shopify merchants: recurring payments. Now we’re at the forefront of recurring billing software, empowering thousands of entrepreneurs to sell their products as subscriptions, and processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
In two years we’ve gone from a team of 3, to a team of 35 people across the world. Our culture is remote-first, so we stay connected every day using Slack and video chat. Being part of a small, fast-growing company is exciting: the opportunities to grow and take ownership at ReCharge are endless. And we’ll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make a big impact. Learn more from our About Us page and About the Team Video.
If this sounds like the right environment for you – read on.
SaaS Product Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies and implement programs to activate, engage, and retain multiple customer segments, including small business and large enterprise Shopify merchants.
- Create, execute and analyze marketing programs reaching these customer segments, including drip campaigns for onboarding and feature announcements.
- Develop marketing collateral for partners team, events, and webinars.
- Partner with our advertising agency to optimize inbound traffic.
- Manage our social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, Facebook groups, LinkedIn.
- Execute our content management strategy and maintain our editorial calendar as well as our content writer relationships.
A Day in the Life:
Your days at ReCharge will never be the same. Since we're still a relatively small team, you will be responsible for several tasks in the first few months. Get ready to be pulled into calls and be thrown projects that you'll have to add to your current load. A typical day may look like the following:
- 8:30am - Check in on our Google AdWords campaign to see if current campaigns are running smoothly
- 9:00am - Answer emails from partners who want to complete co-marketing activities with ReCharge
- 9:30am - Join the Growth Team call to hear updates from our Enterprise Account Managers and Partner Managers
- 11:00am - Run a demo webinar with merchants who signed up from the lead funnels you created
- 12:00pm - Inhale lunch then Slack message your co-workers updates on projects
- 1:00pm - Call with our content writers to discuss the editorial calendar and track when posts will be published
- 2:00pm - Email our partners about an upcoming partner event we're hosting in San Francisco
- 3:00pm - Video call with our graphic designer to give her direction on a new piece of marketing collateral you need created
- 4:00pm - Video call with the front end design team to give them direction on how to prioritize various updates to the marketing website
- 5:00pm - Check in with Director of Growth & Marketing to quickly touch base on priorities for the next day
Necessary skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have familiarity and experience managing a wide range of both inbound and outbound marketing programs.
- 3+ years of experience marketing a SaaS platform in a B2B environment is required
- A sound understanding of lead and revenue funnel management best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of managing campaigns and building reports in a CRM system.
- Advanced knowledge of building programs and workflows in marketing automation software.
- Experience in a rapid growth, fast paced environment with a demonstrated history of goal setting and achievement.
- Metrics-driven and highly analytical with an ability to approach marketing from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- Must be willing to work Los Angeles hours 8:30am - 6:00pm PST
Does this sound like you?
- You’re self-driven, great at running with ideas and executing them independently
- You’re resourceful: you figure out what needs to be done, and you find ways to make it happen
- You have a passion for problem solving. Nothing gets you more excited than a tricky problem or a new challenge
- You work with a sense of urgency, and know how to hustle
- You believe in what we’re doing and you’re excited to help us grow
- You have energy and excitement for each project that you own
As a SaaS Product Marketing Manager at ReCharge, you’ll get:
- Apple equipment
- A competitive salary
- Flexible hours and vacation time
- Autonomy to do your thing
- Support from your manager and coworkers
- Yearly team retreats
- The best GIFs ever