About the Team:
The People team at AppDirect is humble, trustworthy, and extremely passionate about making sure that our team members are happy, engaged, and successful! We take care of all things people from onboarding, employee relations, compensation, and benefits to organizational development, corporate leadership, performance management, and more. We work to sustain a highly effective and motivated workforce while keeping AppDirect a fun, productive place to work!
As a Compensation Manager, you will help ensure that we attract and retain the world’s best talent by maximizing the value of our compensation spend. You will implement and maintain compensation policies and programs. You will work on salary, bonus, equity compensation programs, reviewing data and developing models to create our algorithms, budgets, and policies. You will identify new ways to use data, and combine both feedback from employees and the latest industry research used to make large-scale, data-driven decisions. You want to work in a startup culture where flexibility and scrappiness amplify your success in this role.
What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact:
- Partner with HR leadership to develop, implement and maintain compensation programs and policies, including salary structure, and bonus plans
- Responsible for the compensation planning and administration for approximately 700 employees across AppDirect
- Support design, communication and administration of all compensation and bonus plans for the organization, including year-end compensation planning
- Monitor external market through participation in national compensation surveys to determine company’s competitive position and provide thoughtful analysis of relevant developments on impact to compensation plans to support management decisions
- Manage job evaluation requests with business partners
- Provide compensation training and guidance to managers
- Establish compensation guidelines for employee job moves, ensuring consistent application with business partners
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
- Knowledgeable of US regulatory pay requirements, global knowledge is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills, Powerpoint and experience in Google Docs
- Familiarity with Workday is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage complex data requests
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships cross-functionally, internally, and externally
AppDirect is the leading platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services. Its flexible, modular technology enables organizations of all sizes to get to market quickly and cost effectively with an offering that meets their individual business needs. AppDirect-powered marketplaces, billing, distribution, reselling, and premium technical support services help providers—including Comcast, ADP, Zendesk, Deutsche Telekom and others—connect more than 30 million businesses to solutions from Microsoft, Google, GoDaddy, and more. AppDirect is headquartered in San Francisco with 13 global offices.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.