The Art of Applying
Want to work remotely in a fun, fulfilling, and challenging role for a company that helps high-potential college students and working professionals gain admission to their dream schools and scholarships?
Want to earn $5000+ per month and speak to ambitious dreamers and future leaders from all over the world every day?
As one of my Breakthrough Coaches, YOU would be the person on our team that the prospective client would speak to first. Your job would be to listen to the person’s story—both personal and professional, ask them lots of questions to understand their strengths, weaknesses, and worries (we’ll give you the questions to ask), and then address their doubts and fears one by one about moving forward.
I’m looking for a passionate, persuasive, committed person who can speak to these eager and excited prospective clients and help me decide if the client is a great fit for our program as well as help the right people commit to working with us on their grad school applications.
Apply to join our team if you have these qualities:
- You are available to work full time Monday – Friday from 9 am - 6 pm Central Time.
- You are able to attend our daily (Monday – Friday) 1-hour sales team motivation and mentorship meeting at 9 am CST.
- You value education. You do not need to have a college degree from a prestigious school nor a graduate degree for this position, but you cannot be a person who thinks that college or grad school is a waste of time.
- You are a positive person. You know how to find the good in adverse situations. Hearing “no” or “I need to think about it” several times a day can be discouraging, and you need to be able to bounce back from rejection and bring your full self to the next call.
- You are a person who follows through on her commitments. You don’t jump ship or give up when things get hard.
- You like speaking on the phone. You know how to connect and communicate well with people you cannot see face-to-face.
- You like people. You do not have to be an extrovert for this position, but you must like speaking with people (on a 1-on-1 basis), connecting with people, and helping people.
- You are detail-oriented. You will be making 3-5 90-minute Breakthrough phone calls every single work day. Each call will be with a different person with their own particular story, triumphs, and challenges, but there will be a SCRIPT and a METHOD that you must stick to for EVERY SINGLE CALL.
- You are an honest person with high integrity. You must be willing to turn people away who are not a good fit for our program, even it means that you won’t get a commission for that sale. Making sure we work with the right people (and not just with anyone) has to be more important to you than making as much money as possible.
- You have consistent access to reliable internet. Our team is primarily remote, so you’ll need your own laptop and reliable internet connection.
How to apply:
- Fill out the application at this link: http://theartofapplying.com/sales
- Take the DISC at this link and submit your results via the form.
About the person hiring for this role:
I’m Kaneisha Grayson, and I’m the founder of The Art of Applying. My team and I help people from around the world apply to the world’s top graduate schools to study business, public policy, law, urban planning, public health, education, and design. Since 2010, we have helped our clients win over $9 million in merit scholarships.