Senior full-stack engineer
About the team
The engineers at ConvertKit are smart, highly motivated and highly productive developers who care greatly about the craft of coding. We champion learning, bettering ourselves, and teaching to the rest of the team.
- We are a fully remote company, scattered across 8 states and 4 countries.
- Bootstrapped, profitable, and growing very quickly.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren't set hours, but there's a lot to get done!
- We have a positive, vibrant, and genuine culture.
About the role
You'll be part of our awesome engineering team, helping to build our product. We primarily use Rails, Mysql, Redis and Sidekiq to get the job done. We're facing real (fun) scaling challenges because of our incredible growth. Ideally
you've been there, done that before.
We're also looking for someone who cares deeply about writing clean, maintainable, well-tested code, and generally tends to leave code in a better state than when you encounter it.
You’re a perfect fit for this role if you’ve got experience developing software, love pragmatic OO design for its long-term cost benefits, and testing. Clean code is not just a phrase for you. Given our high rate of growth, you'll need to have strong knowledge of scaling Rails applications up.
We're a 100% remote company, so you should be autonomous, self-driven, and remote-disciplined.
The application period for this job will close Thursday Nov 23rd 2017.
If you have questions about the role or benefits, please get in touch with Ashley Alexander, our Director of Operations at email@example.com.
- Significant (5+ years) full-stack Rails experience and scaling a Rails app for rapid growth.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and 3 sick days / year.
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats.
- Excellent Health benefits.
- 8 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave.
- $2500 equipment allowance given every 2 years.
- 4% matching 401k.
- Yearly conference credit.
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus.