QA Lead Engineer - Offshore / Nearshore - Remote
About Learning Tapestry
Hi! We're Learning Tapestry. We're a 35+ person all-remote, global organization dedicated to making digital learning "just work" for educators and learners alike. We solve hard problems in complex education technology environments. We’re a triple bottom line company: we make a profit like any good business; our work makes the world better (“social impact”); and we create a healthy internal work environment for everyone who works here. For our staff we believe in flexible work locations and working arrangements. We empower all of our team members to manage their schedules and adjust as necessary. We're focused on results and impact, not locations and hours. We hire people with great technical ability, but we also expect everyone at Learning Tapestry to have a strong character and solid communication skills.
What We're Looking For
Our client list is growing quickly, so we're looking for a Quality Assurance Lead Engineer to help us deliver exceptional solutions for our clients, and to help us build a strong QA practice (and team, in the near future). The position is full-time and remote. To minimize timezone challenges, you should be available for working for at least 4 hours of your time every day with US/Eastern time zone business hours (8am - 6pm).
- You’ve got 5+ years as a QA engineer/analyst with increasing levels of responsibility throughout your career. You’ve worked on a wide variety of projects, from new development to taking over maintenance of an existing test suite.
- You’re comfortable in a remote work environment, with team members from different time zones. You can manage your own time and are a self-starter.
- You are experienced and fluent in the productivity tools we use, like Google Apps & Hangouts, Slack, and Harvest for time tracking.
- You’re comfortable hiring, leading and managing a team of QA engineers. We have a couple of contracted QA people on staff now, and that could grow.
- You have experience developing and writing test plans for large software development initiatives, and working with clients to verify signoff of delivered functionality.
- You’ve developed and executed cross-browser testing, using Browserstack, Sauce Labs, or similar.
- You’re comfortable with git for version control, and have used Github for reviewing pull requests.
- You’re an especially strong candidate if you have experience writing tests for automated test frameworks like Selenium or appium, and integrating a test suite with Continuous Integration tools, and software development lifecycles using Github or Bitbucket.
- You’ve used several issue trackers in your career, like Github issues, Asana, Jira, or Redmine and you have strong opinions about which you prefer, and why.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you do not match these requirements exactly but think you could be a good fit.
Learning Tapestry is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply. We are also particularly interested in individuals who have lived in or worked with underserved communities such as low-income, gender nonconforming, disabled, or indigenous peoples.