Zoadilack is a small consultancy based in the Seattle area focused on web and mobile application development and design. We specialize in ecommerce, healthcare, and custom services but also work frequently with common platforms like Wordpress, Drupal, Laravel, Symfony, Umbraco, etc.
We are looking for a Software Developer responsible for building back-end services and the interaction with various APIs and third-party services. Your primary focus will be the implementation of all business logic, definition and maintenance of the central database. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by other team members into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is essential as well.
This is a contract position that will last at least through the remainder of 2017, with potential to continue on or become full-time.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules, bundles, and packages
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Engineering of code that is PCI and privacy compliant
- Integration of data storage solutions connecting two or more applications (including MySQL, NoSQL, MSSQL, etc)
- Develop scalable, reusable code that can be thoroughly tested and verified
- Estimate and deliver work on a biweekly schedule
- Delivery of code that requires minimal testing and micro-management
Expectations & Skills
- Experience with MVC frameworks and modern code design patterns
- HTML5, templating (blade, twig, etc) and a “view layer”
- PHPUnit and mock service testing
- Experience designing and implementing normalized database schemas
- Comfortable writing raw SQL (TSQL a plus!)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization using various protocols and implementations; JWT, OAuth 2.x, SSO, SAML, etc
- Familiarity with Jenkins, TravisCI and/or other build tools
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Atlassian software suite
Hourly rate dependent on experience. Must be available 20 or more hours per week!
English speaking residents only; must be able to legally work in the US!