Director of Content Marketing
Founded in 2011, Fluent City is an innovative language training organization, offering instruction to individuals, groups, and businesses in 11 different languages. Through in-person classes, online tools and corporate training, Fluent City provides a contemporary curriculum and highly interactive approach that has made it one of the country’s fastest-growing language companies.
We are looking for a Director of Content Marketing to build out and execute on a content marketing strategy that drives forward our four main business lines: Group Classes, Private Lessons, Online Lessons and Corporate Training (B2B).
You have a passion for both language learning and content marketing. You’ve likely studied a few languages over the years and find joy in the pursuit. You’ve developed content as small as microcopy for a mobile button and as large as a white paper. You’ve ideally worked in a high-growth environment and created an overall content strategy from scratch for a dynamic B2C or B2B brand.
You’re a strategic, natural leader who wants to maintain an operational role by writing and editing on a daily basis. You’re a hawk for keeping a consistent voice across all channels. You’ve developed and managed brand standards and content style guides before and you’re eager to do so again for a young, growing language learning brand.
- Build out and execute against a robust content strategy and calendar that feeds across all channels (online and offline) to support all four business lines mentioned above
- Write and edit weekly blog posts
- Oversee our social media channels from concept to execution
- Manage and mentor a junior social media coordinator
- Update or create any site copy including marketing landing pages, product pages and descriptions, general company pages, etc.
- Optimize blog posts and on-site content for best practices in SEO
- Compose multiple weekly newsletters to an audience of 200,000+
- Concept and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders on marketing materials such as e-books, case studies, product launches and social media posts
- Respond to users on social media or email if needed
- At scale, you’ll build out and manage a network of freelancers
- Provide concise direction and feedback to any freelancers
- Build out and enforce a company-wide style guide that all departments adhere to in writing and producing content
- 5+ years in roles that have focused on content marketing — including overseeing social media — for a brand or editorial for a publisher
- High attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Naturally creative in concepting
- Positive, but driven get-it-done attitude
- Highly organized, excellent attention to detail
- Have a strong aesthetic point of view
- Can do light Photoshop or Indesign work for social and email where needed
- Can do basic HTML for email editing
- Familiar with email tools like Mailchimp, Sendgrid and Simon Data
- Built out a content strategy from scratch
- Developed content specifically for growth
- Have a certification from Hubspot or Content Marketing Institute
- Have a degree in marketing, business writing or journalism
- Managed a team of freelancers before
- Love language learning and travel
- Unlimited, paid vacation
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- Free language classes
- Remote work options