Data Integration Engineer
Why work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
Here's what you can expect
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, analysts, and engineers to define and complete data projects.
- Build ETL pipelines to integrate data from various sources into live applications with a heavy focus on analytics.
- Learn from experienced mentors and build your technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Willingness to work on a 3 to 4 hour-long take-home coding assignment to showcase your skills outlined above.
- Around 15 travel days per year.
Skills & Requirements
- Professional experience with Apache Spark a must.
- Fluency in Python, Spark and MySQL.
- Passion for clean and maintainable code with tests in Pytest or equivalent.
- Experience with Unix, Git, and AWS.
- Considerable knowledge of statistics.
- Experience with R, Scala, Java or Docker a plus.
Our Technical Stack
- We historically favor Spark, Python, Kafka, and MySQL but use other tools when appropriate for the job at hand.
- Data storage solutions: MySQL, Redshift, S3, HDFS, Hive, Neo4j, Elasticsearch.
- Workflow management: Airflow.
Fun facts about the data team
- We have access to one of the richest healthcare datasets in the world, with deep information on hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals and their connections.
- We build code that addresses user needs, solves business problems, and streamlines internal processes.
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Business decisions at Doximity are driven by our data, analyses, and insights.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We like to have fun - company outings, team lunches, and happy hours.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, and commuter benefits
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- 12 company holidays, including company shutdown in December
- Team trips to fun places like Lake Tahoe, Sonoma, Seattle and Park City
- 5 year sabbatical
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.