Mozilla: Senior Data Operations Engineer
*Location: We want to hire this person in Eastern Time Zone (remote or in our Toronto office)
About the Team
Mozilla’s Data Platform Operations Team is looking for an ambitious Data Operations Engineer. You'll need solid Linux/UNIX skills, experience with developing and maintaining data pipelines, and experience with standard web application stacks (LAMPy, Node.js, etc). You’ll be developing scripts and applications to support our data infrastructure. You will be expected to provide hands-on technical engineering of our ever-growing server and application environments across multiple global data centers and AWS. Most importantly, you'll be an integral part of the team handling the infrastructure responsible for Mozilla’s data back-end services.
As a Senior Data Operations Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Maintain our core data infrastructure which includes helping to scale our back-end services to handle millions of clients
- Support, tuning, maintenance, and documentation of our operating environment including builds, code deployment, and troubleshooting
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts, metrics and monitoring tooling, and orchestration recipes
- Work with Data Engineering teams to design, develop and maintain data pipelines
- Collaboration with QA, Security, and Engineering for coordinated updates and code releases
Your Professional Profile
- Have solid scripting knowledge (shell, Python, Lua).
- Some development background with Python, Scala, or Go highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of ETL, data modeling, and distributed processing.
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL and/or non-relational).
- Familiarity with maintaining and managing Big Data technologies including Kafka, Spark, Presto, and HBase.
- Configuration management and orchestration experience. Puppet and ansible experience is a plus.
- Cloud infrastructure experience (including AWS).
- Monitoring / metrics experience, including plug-in/check script writing and modification.
- B.S. in Computer Science would be lovely, but real-world experience is preferred.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
If our team sounds like a good fit for you please send us your resume with a cover letter. Tell us about why you're interested in Mozilla and this position. If you contribute to any open source software, or maintain a blog, Twitter, or similar online presence we'd love to hear about it.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.