OpsCenter Enterprise Developer
Job Description Summary:
DataStax, the leader in data management for cloud applications, is seeking a talented OpsCenter Enterprise Developer to join our DataStax team.
OpsCenter, a world-class monitoring and management solution for DataStax Enterprise Server, is the tool of choice for anyone using DataStax Enterprise. Its web-based architecture is designed to improve admin productivity in areas including monitoring and advanced task automation, whether your cluster has 10 nodes or 1,000 nodes.
OpsCenter is used to manage big data systems like Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, and Solr. Experience working with these platforms is a huge bonus. Familiarity with these or similar platforms will be helpful in this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Creating new features in OpsCenter to integrate with Big Data systems such as Cassandra, Spark, Solr, and Hadoop.
- Improving existing OpsCenter features to better address customer requirements
- Work as a backend developer in all layers of the OpsCenter code base, using Java and Python (Clojure a bonus)
- Participate in design and code reviews for other parts of the DataStax codebase, and work with other developers in focusing on outstanding code quality and development processes
- Work with engineering and product management to plan new features in OpsCenter
- 5+ years programming experience
- Experience with distributed systems, and developing software which utilizes the inherent strengths and challenges of distributed systems.
- Experience with Java or Python. Familiarity with reading/writing Clojure code is a bonus, and being able to tune a JVM will go a long way.
- Experience with Cassandra or DataStax is a huge bonus.
- Experience working in *nix environments, and able to perform common server administration tasks to test against standard Cassandra clusters.
- Can write high quality tests for their code.
- Comfortable working on a distributed/remote team.
- Self-driven, independent, and able to learn quickly.