Looking for a full time remote junior Laravel developer in North America
Note: We are only looking for people based in North America at this time.
Bonk Studios seeks a motivated junior level Laravel developer to join the team. Before we bore you with the requirements of the position, why Bonk Studios?
- We are a small team that throws out the politics, and focuses on developing great technology.
- Adapting the SCRUM Methodology, your voice will always be heard, and your strengths will be utilized.
- Each year, you will be flown out for a business vacation, and getting to meet the team. This year, we are headed to Las Vegas!
- Being able to work with the freedom of a contractor, but the stability of an employee gives you the best of both worlds. Never hustle finding gigs as a freelancer, yet being able to program in your underoos. At Bonk Studios, you will always have 40 hours of work each week. This always has been and always will be the case. No more hustling to find gigs!
- Sick of writing emails back and forth? We utilize slack, and a bug tracking system to communicate. This leaves more time to focus on developing great applications, and posting funny GIFs!
Now that you know a little bit about our team and how we operate, what skills are essential to join Bonk Studios?
- Must be proficient with Laravel 5.3.+
- Knowledgeable with Git version control.
- Comfortable using Twitter Bootstrap.
- Understanding of setting up RESTful APIs.
- Comfortable using MySQL. We have a database administrator on the team, but you should know your way around a database.
- Must be a team player, great communicator, and able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Master of time management.
- Strong desire to always increase your skill set and adapt to new technologies.
Other skills that are a big plus:
- Knowledgeable with SCRUM Methodology. If you have never practiced this, we can help you.
- Comfortable using jQuery.
Note: This is a contracting position. No benefits will be given, nor will any taxes be with held.
Please go to Bonk Studios to apply.
What do our developers think of working at Bonk Studios?
When I first started at Bonk Studios, I had no idea how much I'd grow as a developer. Coming into the company with relatively little experience, I expected to spend several months settling in before the work became second nature. What I've experienced instead has been a dynamic, rewarding job where I'm often tasked to challenge my abilities and learn new things. With interesting projects always around the corner, a fair amount of autonomy and a great team, Bonk studios has been the highlight of my professional career so far.
- Eric - Senior Developer at Bonk Studios for 3+ years
I came from mainly a freelancing background, so I had worked on a variety of projects before getting hired on with Bonk Studios. I was definitely confident in my abilities, but I was not sure where exactly I was at as I mostly just worked solo. I could see instantly upon working with the other developers at Bonk Studios that I was already learning a lot and writing better quality code from the team setting alone. Bonk Studios works on some pretty big projects and there are a lot of moving pieces. The longer I have worked at Bonk Studios the more complex projects I have undertaken and the projects challenge you to adapt and get better. In the short amount of time I have been working at Bonk Studios (9 months) I have learned various new technologies and worked on a wide array of projects that have exponentially led me to become a better developer each and every single day I work.
- Logan - Developer at Bonk Studios for 9 months