WANTED: Social Media Manager With Creative Eye + Superb Organisational Skills
Get the Guy
Do you have a serious passion for social media (especially Facebook)?
Do you have an instinct for what people love to read and watch, and a feeling for the content that inspires people? Are you a “creative type” who also possesses the ability to keep to a schedule and build a smooth system to implement a creative vision? Are you interested in working with a world-class team that is producing fresh, exciting content in the field of women’s dating, being viewed by millions of fans every week?
Well, you might be the superstar we’re looking for.
Bonus points if you have experience with visual design (e.g. for producing Facebook poster quotes, video banners, and all forms of digital media), and a flair for copywriting.
This role will require someone who is capable of being an ‘independent self-starter’. We need to trust that you can receive clear communication and execute a plan without needing someone to hold-your-hand too much on a daily basis once you’re trained.
The qualities we’re looking for include:
– A love of all things social media and a passion for creative content + fan engagement
– Very strong organisational skills
– The ability to create a weekly/monthly system and stick to a schedule
–Knowledge of all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and how to use them. (Extra points for data analysis skills)
– A nose for trends, and the ability to be responsive to what’s working and what isn’t, so that you can be flexible and change plans according to different company needs
– A “creative eye” for great copy, design, video - and an ability to learn our audience’s tastes so that you can choose content based on the things they love to see
– Prior experience as a freelancer preferred
– Creating posts and tweets to schedule daily on Facebook and Twitter
– Communicating regularly with the Content Director on the current strategy for social media
– Sending proposed posts to content team for approval before posting
– Researching current trends in dating and relationships and relaying them back to the content team to help with strategy
– Designing posts to make them more visually appealing + attention-grabbing (if you are unable to do this, one of the first tasks of the job will be to help us find a designer to assist us with this)
Why Join Us?
You’ll work remotely with a lot of flexibility and independence. We are 100% remote, with team members based in LA, NY, the UK, Eastern Europe, and Asia. We don’t care where you work from as long as you deliver results.
Make an impact – help women level-up in their relationships, self-esteem, and happiness.
Be part of a positive, upbeat team that deals with each other with respect and gratitude.
Take advantage of opportunities for growth – many on our team have been with the company for years and have moved up or to different roles.
This position starts as part-time freelance for 10-15 hours per week. You should be available to work flexible hours, with availability for team video calls between the hours of 11 AM - 3 PM Eastern.
If you consistently deliver great work, hours may increase.
To be considered, please write a cover letter to email@example.com as to why you’d be a good fit in the body of your email. DO NOT send a CV or other attachments (your application will automatically not be read). We prioritize culture fit, attention to detail, and quality writing when selecting candidates.
Get the Guy is a successful online dating and relationship advice company that helps women get the results they want in their love lives – but we don’t stop there. Nothing stays at the surface with us; we go deep and show our customers how to transform their confidence and self-esteem to live happier, more fulfilling lives overall.
Find out more by watching our CEO Matthew Hussey’s massively popular YouTube videos. (Be sure to tell us in your letter which one you liked best.)
You’ll be interviewing with our Content Director, Stephen Hussey. His favorite thing in the world is books, so he’d love it if you also put the word “reading” somewhere in your subject line when sending your letter.
Looking forward to meeting you!