Front-End Engineer - 4841 - Portland, San Fran, or Remote (U.S. ONLY)
As part of the continued growth of our Engineering team, Oportun is seeking to bring aboard an experienced Front-end Engineer. We’re looking not only for a proven engineer, but for a great team member--someone who is comfortable working with our product, platform, and design teams to bring the next step in our company vision to life.
In our team, we put a high degree of trust in our leaders to deliver against the commitments we make to each other and to our business partners. Therefore, you’ll need to demonstrate a high degree of accountability, the ability to spot a problem + own it to resolution and the ability to inspire others to cross the finish line strong.
What we look for in an ideal candidate:
- Desire for quick-iteration--working closely with design and product teams to make incremental and impactful enhancements to the frontend
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience with responsive web design (knowing what media queries are, for example, and when to use them)
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- 3+ years experience with at least one of the following frontend frameworks: Angular.js, Backbone, Ember.js, Knockout.js
- Comfortable using the Atlassian tools to track your tasks and code (JIRA/Bitbucket)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience contributing front-end code to a publicly available, consumer-focused web application
- A passion for quality design, and pixel-perfect implementation.
- 5 years+ years experience shipping quality frontend code