VP of Engineering
Noom Inc., a leader in mobile health coaching, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Noom’s direct-to-consumer weight loss and exercise tracking mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide. Leveraging the success of their ground-breaking health and fitness programs, Noom developed a behavior change platform to treat chronic and pre-chronic conditions, beginning with the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP). On the first day the CDC began recognizing mobile and online DPP providers, Noom was there. Since then, Noom has expanded its curricula across the acuity spectrum and now features programs for pre-hypertension, hypertension and diabetes management in addition to its flagship weight loss and diabetes prevention programs. Noom has offices in New York City, Seoul and Tokyo.
Just the U.S. alone spends $3.8 trillion dollars on healthcare, and large chunks of that can be saved by shifting more to prevention. The existing healthcare system has no idea how to do this, and that’s where we come in.
We are looking for a VP of Engineering; a leader, someone who will oversee the engineering organization and help evolve Noom technology, all while keeping the team productive and happy. This person will inspire not only the team, but the entire Noom community, and carry us through the technical challenges and opportunities as we set the standard for wellness intelligence. You will get to lead a team of world-class engineers, help millions of people be healthier, and tackle some of the hardest problem in healthcare and technology.
What You'll Do:
- Drive technical, architectural, and organizational decisions, making sure we build a scalable, efficient, and maintainable infrastructure
- Evolve Noom engineering through best practices, coding guidelines, and design documents, ensuring the organization as a whole feels awesome, top-notch, and fun
- Optimize interactions between engineering and other functions, e.g product management, design, marketing, etc.
- Help design and refine a scalable engineering culture to accommodate this growth
- Be a good career coach and mentor, help engineers grow to be tech leads, and guiding all others towards success
What We're Looking For:
- Experience leading an engineering team in both a cutting-edge large-scale tech company and in a start-up (team size is less important than what you achieved with it)
- An experienced engineer and technical wizard, with the know-how to design complex scalable systems and how to design them correctly
- An ability to quickly hold a conceptual and technical grasp of our complex tech stack and infrastructure
- A strong leader and great communicator, with a welcoming and supportive personality
- Past success creating processes that define a high-quality and enjoyable engineering culture
- An inspiring motivator, supporter, and quarterback for the team