Java/Angular Dev for Citizen Assistance Program
Portland Webworks, Inc.
Portland Webworks has developed a state-of-the-art Human Services portal. Citizens use this portal to join programs that help them with:
- Health Coverage Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Cash Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
These are critical services that people depend upon when they need it most. The app we’ve built is mature, robust, and has even more features planned for it. Simply put, it’s big, it’s going to be bigger, and we need your help to get us there.
What You’ll Do
You will continue to build out new functionality and maintain the application.
- Make code changes to support new open-enrollment periods
- Implement an online food stamp application process
- Refactor the code to eliminate technical debt
What’s in it for you
We have fantastic reasons to work at PWW
- Annual Profit Sharing program. It’s averaged 16% of your salary the last 5 years
- A fantastic health care package. The company will cover 40% of expenses the first year, 75%, the second, 85% the third and 95% the fifth.
- Work with a talented group of developers
- an excellent location in Portland’s Old Port. Take your pick of all the places there are to eat.
- Flex time - take time off during regular hours and make it up later
- Free Parking
- Friday Happy Hour, complete with ping-pong
- Seasonal company outings
- Choose what hardware you work on
The app is a Single Page Application implemented using AngularJS, and a Spring-MVC Java backend. It is deeply integrated with the State’s Benefits and case tracking systems via RESTful and SOAP web services.
- Java 8
- AngularJS 1.5x
We adhere to Scrum for all of our projects. This project’s Scrum team consists of:
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- 4 Developers
- 2 QA
We've staffed this team with high-quality talent. There’s a lot to be learned from them. Members hammer on their keyboards in Portland Maine and Boise Idaho.
We run all the Scrum meetings: planning, daily stand-ups, grooming, and stakeholder demos. We do peer code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct coding “safaris”—exploration of areas of the app you haven’t seen yet.
We’re in a groove, but there’s always room for you to bring it up a notch and improve performance.
What You Need to Succeed in This Role
- Strong AngularJS skills
- Strong HTML/CSS/SASS skills
- A solid grounding in server-side Java Technologies
- Spring MVC
- Good attention to process and detail
- You have a scrum master certification
- You have experience with enterprise-level applications
- You are familiar with dev ops and can implement one-button build and deploys
You understand a big application requires patience and discipline on the part of the team to make a real impact on the project.
We believe the best way to know a developer's skill level is to review a code sample with your application. Provide a sample of your code,....or be left at the bottom of the candidate list.