Software Engineer - iOS
The Wikimedia iOS team is a small but impactful group of engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the Wikipedia iOS app. We’re passionate about our global community of users and want to leverage the strengths of the iOS native platform to bring the Wikipedia experience to their fingertips.
The team is looking for an experienced iOS software developer who loves to empower and delight users with thoughtfully crafted apps. In this role, you will create new features, fix bugs, and define the future of Wikipedia on mobile devices.
We’d like you to be able do these things:
- Write clean, concise code in Objective-C or Swift
- Take an active role in ensuring the quality of the app
- Iterate quickly on new features
- Collaborate daily with engineers, designers, and product managers
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related area) and 3 years of relevant experience; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years iOS Objective-C and/or Swift experience
- Familiarity with the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, implementation and best practices
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It’s great if you are able to do these things:
- Work on a multithreaded Core Data stack
- Automate development processes (Bash, Ruby, Fastlane, etc)
- Track down performance issues using Instruments
- Write unit and UI tests using XCTest
- Avoid retain cycles
Show us your stuff! If you have any existing open source software that you've developed (these could be your own software or patches to other packages), please share the URLs for the source. Links to GitHub are exceptionally useful.